David Alexander suffered a bad misfire at the last race at Brand Hatch. Having no luck sorting it at the circuit they brought it back for us to look at. It passed the compression test so we moved onto to the ignition and fuel supply. The HT leads were a little old as was the cap and rotor arm. We took a look at the electronic ignition and found the trigger wheel had a lot of play. We decided to replace the ignition with an Ignitor setup from Pertronix as well as the cap and rotor arm with genuine Bosch items and the HT leads. The fuel supply was weak so a new Facet Red Top Competition pump was installed. We also discovered that the rear carburetor was flooding. This was due to a warn float pivot pin which prevented the float valve from closing. With all of these issues its no wonder it had a problem. The car has now been prepped ready for a test at Brands Hatch next week.
David Alexander’s Alfa Romeo is getting some TLC. The wiring was questionable at best so it was decided that we would rewire the car with a bespoke light weight wiring loom. The loom itself is a lot lighter and we’ve swapped the original generator for a light weight alternator to save another 2kg. All of the switches have been moved to a central control panel within easy access for the driver. We have also been looking for other ways to loose weight including the removal of the 5kg heater unit and replacing the door cards. Other work includes a radiator repair, some new poly windows and the Magnesium wheels are being refurbished.