Our Austin-Healey 3000 restoration project has moved on a little this winter. We’ve finished building the back axle and hubs and now have the car rolling for the first time in nearly 10 years. We’ve also rebuilt the gearbox and started working on the engine.
The Austin-Healey 3000 has received a little attention this week. All of the running gear has been sand blasted and painted in 2k black. We have purchased new parts where necessary and have now begun the assembly. The front end has gone together beautifully. The car is fitted with adjustable camber shock mounts and has been built up using polyurethane bushes.
Much progress has been made to our Austin-Healey 3000 project. In order to ensure the body gets a good fit with good shut lines you must install the engine, gearbox and rear axle and let the chassis settle. Once there you can line up your wings, doors and ‘b’ posts with confidence. This is where we are at.