This Triumph TR6 came in for a repair to the chassis. come in with a drooping near side front suspension. The cause of the drop was due to the upper wishbone mount breaking away from the chassis. Once we got it apart it was apparent why. The polyurethane bushes that had been fitted to the upper wishbones were totally dry. No grease what so ever. The upper wishbone had seized leading to the eventual fatigue and fracturing of this Triumph TR6 chassis. We had to remake this part of the chassis from steel and weld it into place. The bushes on both sides were lubricated with rubber grease before the whole lot was put back together. Now that we have repaired the chassis on this Triumph TR6 the car can be put back on the road.
The Triumph TR3 is now in the final stages and will be completed imminently. It has all gone back together quite well. Next up is some under seal and MOT before getting it back to the customer.
The Lotus Elan is coming together. Following an engine fire and a body restoration, the engine is now in place with all ancillaries and the new wiring loom has been fitted. The new dashboard has yet to go in and there will no doubt be plenty of small jobs to finish it off.
The accident damaged MGB GT is nearly ready for paint. As well as a replacement rear quarter that was damaged in the accident the car has received new doors, front wings and bonnet.
This stunning example of an original Sunbeam Tiger recently had a small engine fire. Lucky the owner put it our before any real damage was done. The engine still has the come out so we can repair the paint work in the engine bay. The bonnet needs repainting and there will need to be some new brake lines and wiring.